Thursday, April 05, 2007

Last evening my online subscription to Christianity Today provided "Images of Calvary: Contemporary Christian artists reflect on Good Friday," a slideshow of images compiled by Susan Wunderink, who writes this preface:

During the Middle Ages, a tradition of prayer and reflection on images of the Passion formed into the Stations of the Cross, a sort of Via Dolorosa of the visual arts. This slideshow of contemporary art, although it doesn't stick to the traditional fourteen stations, can be used as a meditation on Jesus Christ's path to the Cross. Each artist's statement below the art explains how it connects to Christ's sacrifice.

Many of the images are extraordinary and may well provide you with an opportunity to deepen your appreciation for all that we remember in our liturgies, daily offices, and worship during the last days of Holy Week. Click here to view the slideshow.

75 comments:

Anonymous said...

ztqrgv The best blog you have!

Anonymous said...

c8Nv6T Hello all!

Anonymous said...

Magnific!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful blog.

Anonymous said...

Thanks to author.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful blog.

Anonymous said...

Thanks to author.

Anonymous said...

Please write anything else!

Anonymous said...

actually, that's brilliant. Thank you. I'm going to pass that on to a couple of people.

Anonymous said...

Ki4N3o write more, thanks.

Anonymous said...

Please write anything else!

Anonymous said...

Magnific!

Anonymous said...

Thanks to author.

Anonymous said...

Thanks to author.

Anonymous said...

Nice Article.

Anonymous said...

Good job!

Anonymous said...

actually, that's brilliant. Thank you. I'm going to pass that on to a couple of people.

Anonymous said...

actually, that's brilliant. Thank you. I'm going to pass that on to a couple of people.

Anonymous said...

Magnific!

Anonymous said...

Magnific!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful blog.

Anonymous said...

actually, that's brilliant. Thank you. I'm going to pass that on to a couple of people.

Anonymous said...

Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

Anonymous said...

All generalizations are false, including this one.

Anonymous said...

Suicidal twin kills sister by mistake!

Anonymous said...

Friends help you move. Real friends help you move bodies

Anonymous said...

Oops. My brain just hit a bad sector.

Anonymous said...

Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.

Anonymous said...

If ignorance is bliss, you must be orgasmic.

Anonymous said...

The gene pool could use a little chlorine.

Anonymous said...

Suicidal twin kills sister by mistake!

Anonymous said...

Suicidal twin kills sister by mistake!

Anonymous said...

Hello all!

Anonymous said...

Save the whales, collect the whole set

Anonymous said...

When there's a will, I want to be in it.

Anonymous said...

C++ should have been called B

Anonymous said...

The gene pool could use a little chlorine.

Anonymous said...

All generalizations are false, including this one.

Anonymous said...

What is a free gift ? Aren't all gifts free?

Anonymous said...

Friends help you move. Real friends help you move bodies

Anonymous said...

Oops. My brain just hit a bad sector.

Anonymous said...

Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.

Anonymous said...

Ever notice how fast Windows runs? Neither did I.

Anonymous said...

I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.

Anonymous said...

The gene pool could use a little chlorine.

Anonymous said...

When there's a will, I want to be in it.

Anonymous said...

Oops. My brain just hit a bad sector.

Anonymous said...

Build a watch in 179 easy steps - by C. Forsberg.

Anonymous said...

Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.

Anonymous said...

Ever notice how fast Windows runs? Neither did I.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful blog.

Anonymous said...

Energizer Bunny Arrested! Charged with battery.

Anonymous said...

Friends help you move. Real friends help you move bodies.

Anonymous said...

Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

Anonymous said...

Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

Anonymous said...

I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.

Anonymous said...

Lottery: A tax on people who are bad at math.

Anonymous said...

A flashlight is a case for holding dead batteries.

Anonymous said...

Suicidal twin kills sister by mistake!

Anonymous said...

Build a watch in 179 easy steps - by C. Forsberg.

Anonymous said...

Friends help you move. Real friends help you move bodies

Anonymous said...

A flashlight is a case for holding dead batteries.

Anonymous said...

Magnific!

Anonymous said...

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

Anonymous said...

Ever notice how fast Windows runs? Neither did I.

Anonymous said...

All generalizations are false, including this one.

Anonymous said...

All generalizations are false, including this one.

Anonymous said...

Suicidal twin kills sister by mistake!

Anonymous said...

All generalizations are false, including this one.

Anonymous said...

Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

Anonymous said...

Build a watch in 179 easy steps - by C. Forsberg.

Anonymous said...

Thanks to author.

Anonymous said...

What is a free gift ? Aren't all gifts free?

Anonymous said...

When there's a will, I want to be in it.

Anonymous said...

All generalizations are false, including this one.